Review for API Super Ick Cure
API Super Ick Cure is used for treatment of fresh water ich and eradication of a wide variety of other fresh water parasites including Oodinium, Trichodina and Chilodonella.
Ich is a highly communicable parasite that attacks fish. Ich infestation manifests as white spots on the fins, eyes and body characteristic of the white spot disease. The earliest sign of ich manifestation can be evidenced by fish scratching against the aquarium gravel.
If left untreated, the parasite causes large wounds on the fish skin that are prone to bacterial and fungal infections. Furthermore, the fish becomes lethargic, exhibit breathing difficulties and may die.
Benefits of API Super Ick Cure
- Destroys the Ich parasite within 48 hours
- Treats ich caused symptoms. For example, it eradicates white spots
- Quickens skin rejuvenation on the affected areas
- Provides a slime coating on the fish hence offering protection against secondary infections
- Eliminates other common parasitic diseases.
- Preserves the life of the fish
- Comes with a dosing cap for easy administration.
- Manufactured by Aquarium Pharmaceutical (API). API has over 40 years of experience in manufacturing aquarium equipments, fish supplements and medication. API has also received over 25 patents for their outstanding innovations and research in the aquatic industry.
- Available in both liquid and powder form.
- Suitable for use in both freshwater and salt water aquariums
- If used in excess, API Super Ick Cure can offset the water natural ph balance in the aquarium.
- May kills snails in the aquarium
Add 5ml of Super Ick Cure for every 5 gallons of aquarium water. Administer the same dose after another 48 hours. In the next 48 hours, replace up to 25% of the aquarium water and reintroduce the activated carbon. The activated carbon helps eliminate water discoloration. If need be, you may repeat the procedure.
- Super Ick Cure is not to be used for fish reared for human consumption.
- To achieve the best results, one should deactivate carbon supply during the course of treatment.
- Raise the aquarium temperature up to 28 degrees to hasten the lifecycle of ich hence speed up its eradication.
- Keep the aquarium aerated during the treatment process. Raised temperatures and the use of API Super Ick Cure significantly reduce oxygen levels in the aquarium which can be detrimental to fish. Consider using airstone or powerhead filters to promote aeration.
- It is advisable to change up to 25% of the aquarium water every 48 hours as the fresh water is loaded with oxygen.
- Administration of Super Ick Cure causes water in the aquarium to turn blue. API Super Ick Cure contains an ingredient, Malachite green, which causes discoloration in the aquarium water.
- Scale less fish are sensitive to Super Ick Cure hence half a dose should be administered.
- Super Ick Cure is not appropriate for use in reef aquariums
- Avoid adding salt to the water tank when using Super Ick Cure for ich treatment. The reaction between Super Ick Cure ingredients and salt can be toxic to the fish.
- Handle with care. Super Ick Cure may stain clothes, carpets and hands.
According to API, The key to promoting a healthy fish is by creating high quality water and sustaining a healthy aquatic environment.